Compensator Beer Tap: The Perfect Way to Serve Your Favorite Beer
If you're looking for a perfect way to dispense beer, a compensator beer tap is the right solution for you. At www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk, we offer a wide range of dispensing and tap systems to suit your needs.
What Is a Compensator Beer Tap?
A compensator beer tap is a type of beer tap that has a compensator mechanism built in. This mechanism allows you to adjust the flow of beer from the tap, which means you can pour at a constant rate, regardless of the carbonation level of the beer.
Why Choose a Compensator Beer Tap?
There are many good reasons to choose a compensator beer tap. Here are just a few:
- Consistent flow: With a compensator beer tap, you can pour at a consistent rate, which means you can avoid any fluctuations in the carbonation level of the beer.
- Better quality beer: Because a compensator beer tap allows you to pour at a consistent rate, you can ensure that your beer is of the highest quality.
- Less wastage: With a compensator beer tap, you can avoid any unnecessary wastage of beer.
- Easy to clean: Compensator beer taps are easy to clean, which means you can keep your beer dispenser and beer line cleaning in top condition.
- Wide selection: At www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk, we offer a wide selection of compensator beer taps to suit every need and budget.
Beer Dispenser and Beer Line Cleaning
To keep your compensator beer tap in top condition, it's important to regularly clean your beer dispenser and beer line. At www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk, we offer a range of cleaning products that are specially designed for dispensing systems. Our cleaning products are easy to use and will help you keep your beer dispenser and beer line in perfect condition.
Order Your Compensator Beer Tap Today
If you're ready to improve the quality of your beer and reduce wastage, a compensator beer tap is the right choice for you. At www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk, we offer a wide selection of compensator beer taps to suit every need and budget. Order your compensator beer tap today and enjoy a perfect pour every time.
A tap is a fitting with which a content is emptied from a liquid-operated system, i.e. a pipe or a container. In beer tapping, the container is a barrel. Taps are often also known as beer taps. Technically speaking, taps are shut-off taps because the liquid supply is either fully open or closed. The tap is completely tight.
You will find piston taps and compensator taps with us. Many models are chrome-plated or made of brass, some are also gold-plated and are therefore a real optical highlight. Taps are simply part of the equipment in every pub, and a high-quality tap should not be missing in the private tap system.
Easy to open and close Unlike a valve that requires multiple turns, a tap can be opened and closed quickly with a 1/4 turn. With some barrels the tap is already attached directly to the barrel. If this is not the case, the tap is driven in with a hammer. This is the so-called tapping.
Сompensator beer tap
A normal beer tap regulates the flow of the drink into the glass. A compensator tap, on the other hand, has a nozzle system inside, so you can tap drinks without foam. However, the compensator tap requires a higher pressure. From the outside, the difference is only visible through a small adjusting lever on the side with which the flow cross-section inside is changed. A compensator tap is particularly suitable for cola or lemonade drinks. Compensator taps often have a so-called "foam button" to deform the foam. A special tap is required for Stout beers such as Guinness. Stout beers require nitrogen to produce a particularly creamy foam.
Cleaning the tap and accessories
You should always completely disassemble the taps for cleaning. This is the only way to ensure thorough cleaning from the inside. The tap is in direct contact with the drink and must therefore always be clean. Deposits can lead to damage to health and the beer loses its taste. A cleaning brush is a good helper for cleaning. You can also clean the tap thoroughly with a bellows.
In addition, you will find various aids for taps. For example, a tap wrench helps to loosen the union nut. With high-quality taps, hygienic cleaning agents and numerous accessories your beer tastes even better!
Perfectly tapped beer thanks to compensator tap
Tapping beer needs to be learned. For perfect beer enjoyment, the beer must be at the right temperature and should be served with a fine head of froth in a suitable glass. A suitable beer tapping system makes this much easier. In addition to a piston tap, a so-called compensator tap can also be used for tapping. This has a number of advantages and is therefore not only suitable for drawing soft drinks, but also for beer.
Draw foam-free beer
Simply turn on the tap of the tapping plant and let the beer flow into the glass is quite simple. But of course, beer tapping is not that simple. If the pressure at the outlet of the tap is too high, excessive foam is formed and the beer cannot be tapped properly. To counteract this, it is necessary to reduce the pressure. In this way the formation of foam is avoided and the beer can be tapped without foam.
Pressure reduction with a stilling coil
There are several possibilities for reducing the pressure. One of them is the use of a so-called calming coil. This is a long line in the form of a spiral. The beer flows through this spiral on its way to the tap, whereby the pressure is slowly reduced. The longer the calming coil, the further the pressure can be reduced before tapping the beer. The ideal length of the calming coil depends on various factors and therefore cannot be generalized.
Pressure reduction with one compensator cock
Instead of a calming coil, a compensator valve can also be used for pressure reduction during beer tapping. This is designed in such a way that the pressure can be reduced completely inside the compensator tap to the required level. In addition, a compensator tap has a lever with which the flow rate can be regulated. In this way, flexible adaptation to the prevailing pressure is possible during tapping, so that an optimal beer flow result can always be achieved.
Difference between piston valve and compensator valve
A compensator tap is operated at a higher pressure than a normal piston tap. With the latter, the beer can only be served at a pressure of about 0.4 to 0.6 bar orderly cones. If the pressure is considerably higher, often only foam comes out of thetap. With a compensator tap, however, a pressure of 1.3 or 1.4 bar is no problem.The special construction inside reduces the pressure of the incoming beer before theleaving the tap.
Tap beer with a compensator tap
For the dispensing with an expansion tap to work as desired, the beer must be pre-cooled. Ideally, it should have a temperature of about four to six degrees for tapping. After tapping, the flow rate of the compensator tap should first be set to the highest level. In this way the air can be forced out of the beer line before the actual tapping. When this is done, you can reduce the flow and start tapping beer. Adjust the flow so that a continuous clear stream flows out of the compensator tap.
Advantages of a compensator valve
The great advantage of pressure reduction with a compensator cock is especially the fact that it is extremely flexible and space-saving. Its use eliminates the need for a calming coil, without having to dispense with foam-free tapping of the beer. A compensator tap enables more or less foam-free tapping of different beers, such as wheat or Pilsner, and can be used both for systems with very short lines and for tapping directly from the barrel.
A high-quality compensator tap pays off
It is recommended to pay attention to good quality when buying a compensator tap. Especially inexpensive models with plastic components scratch the inside very easily during cleaning. Over time, this leads to the beer foaming more and more during tapping and the tap has to be replaced comparatively quickly. With a stainless steel compensator tap, on the other hand, you can be sure that it will function well for much longer and will allow you to tap without foaming. The additional costs that you have to reckon with are usually manageable and in any case well invested.
Large selection of compensator cocks in our shop
In our shop you will find a large selection of different compensator taps, which you can use for perfect results in foam-free beer tapping.
Choose between compensator taps made of stainless steel as well as chrome-plated or gold-plated
models with different thread lengths the tap that fits your requirements. Purchase your compensator tap directly online and have your order delivered conveniently to your desired address. Benefit from favourable prices as well as fast delivery of your compensator tap and other products around your beer dispenser.
Compensator Beer Tap FAQ
What is a compensator beer tap?
- A compensator beer tap is a type of beer tap that uses a special mechanism to regulate the flow of beer and adjust the amount of dispensing pressure. This ensures a consistent and perfectly-poured glass of beer every time.
How does a compensator beer tap work?
- A compensator beer tap uses a special mechanism that regulates the flow of beer and adjusts the amount of dispensing pressure. This ensures that beer flows smoothly and consistently, without excessive foam or splash. The result is a perfectly-poured glass of beer with just the right amount of head.
What are the benefits of using a compensator beer tap?
- There are several benefits to using a compensator beer tap, including:
- - Consistent pours: Thanks to the compensator mechanism, beer flows evenly and consistently, meaning no more wasted beer or unsightly foam overflowing from the glass.
- - Better beer quality: When you pour a beer with a compensator beer tap, you're ensuring that the beer is dispensed at the right pressure and temperature, which can help preserve the beer's quality and flavour.
- - Versatility: Compensator beer taps can handle a wide range of beers, from light lagers to stouts and porters, so you don't need to invest in different taps for different types of beer.
What types of compensator beer taps are available?
- At www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk, we offer a wide selection of compensator beer taps from top brands, so you're sure to find the perfect fit for your needs. Our selection includes single and double tap models, as well as models with different finishes and styles to match your decor.
How do I choose the right compensator beer tap for my needs?
- Choosing the right compensator beer tap depends on your specific needs and preferences. Consider factors such as the number of taps you need, the type of beer you'll be dispensing, and your budget. Our team of experts is always available to help you choose the perfect tap for your needs.
What other dispensing equipment do I need for my bar or restaurant?
- At www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk, we offer a wide range of dispensing equipment and accessories to help you serve your drinks with style and efficiency. Our selection includes beer coolers, tap systems, and accessories such as drip trays and cleaning kits . Browse our selection today to find everything you need for your bar or restaurant.